Friday, September 26, 2008

Summing up the Summer!

We had such a blast this summer! Between camping, swimming, the Lindsay Family Reunion and more swimming we have had our fill of the summer.
So we have has some exciting changes recently in the Lindsay houshold. First,, Boyd has offically graduated with his BA! Second,,those of you who haven't heard boyd is now in the Army Reserves! No, I'm not joking.... So here is the deal......
Boyd has decided to go into Corporate Law. So in order for us to be able to pay for schooling we are going to use the Military for their schollarship program. The military will pay for basically 90% of what ever Law School he gets into. So the plan goes like this......
He started his 9week Boot Camp last week! He will graduate from that at the end of November. Then I will fly out to see him for a couple of days and then come home. After graduation he will start his job training for the military wich is finance. He will then do the finance job for 8more weeks. He will be home for Christmas for 2weeks then it's back to South Carolina to finish up the job training that will put him home for good in February 2009. In January he will take his LSAT and then apply to law schools. He will then get a full time job when he gets home and start Law School in the fall/August 2009! Then for 6 years he has an obligation to he military to go down to San Jose once a month and do his finance job. Ok.. so sorry if that was too much info. but I thought some of you would want to know the details.

7 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Definitely sounds like both of you have your work cut out for you! It will be worth it...its the sacrifices we make that make us stronger, better people! It seems like a long barrell to stare down right now I'm sure...but it will be worth it! I'm so glad you live around the corner now, because seriously, if you ever need anything Marc and I are literally down the street! :) Love ya!

Chelsy said...

Hey Brit...welcome to the blog world! Good to see what you are all up to...your fam looks so great! That's a crazy schedule for Boyd. Rand has considered doing the army route for dental school, but we'll see how that pans out in the next year or two as he works to finish his BA.

Love the idea of yours for making some money at what you love. I'm constantly thinking about what I can do once we have kids and I stay at home. I want options to do which I control the hours and time on.

One word of caution for you: blogs are open to EVERYONE (unless you go private). I would be VERY cautious about putting info like phone numbers, addresses and such on line (especially with kids). Just to think about! :o)

Jana Brookes said...

Hey Brittany,
Kept wondering if you were going to start up a blog! Your family is so cute! I love seeing what you and Christie and Shar are up to. It's so fun to see everyone since I don't live in CA anymore!
Sounds like you and your family will be very busy with Boyd in school again! Good luck!

Carrie said...

Hey Britt! It is so good to hear from you and especially good to see you have a blog! Yippeeeee! Now we can keep in better touch (no more excuses) I am so glad all is well. I Love and miss you tons!
Carrie

Cecile Ewell said...

Yay! I just found your blog! So glad you have one now so we can keep in touch! Hope everything is going good. Hang in there cuz its all worth it right!?!?! We miss you guys, come out and visit!

colin and brooke thompson said...

Hey Brit! We need boyds address! maybe we could send some funny things out with you! :)

Dave and Courtney said...

Hey brit...I keep checking your blog so see if you have updated it....I'm sure your so busy...but just though I'd let you know I think your boys are adorable and want to see what they are up to. you too. :)